3 Digital Marketing Tips to Help Grow Your HVAC Business – Our GuideJosh Astete
Competition in the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) industry is extremely tough. Advertisers in this field have to find ways to stand out from the rest, while also ensuring that their marketing initiatives are in line with industry standards and expectations.
Although digital marketing may sound like a practical solution—which it is—there are certain considerations that have to be made in order for a business to effectively advertise their brand to millions of internet users and overcome the stiff competition.
As a business owner or a marketer, it is your duty to get it right. Here are some tips on how to advertise your HVAC business to help you out:
Tip #1: Continue to advertise despite any season
Since most HVAC companies think that not many homeowners need air conditioning services during the winter as the searches for these significantly drop, business owners and marketers tend to advertise less about A/C maintenance during these seasons.
The truth, however, is that homeowners need A/C services and maintenance all year round. You will lose the opportunity to serve potential customers if you cut your advertising budget at certain times of the year.
With that said, you should not rely on the season when deciding when to advertise and where to invest your marketing budget. Although it makes a lot of sense to allocate more money on furnace and heating services, you shouldn’t disregard A/C services. This is because, during cold months, people who search for A/C services have research-intent.
What does this mean to your HVAC digital marketing? Here are the advantages of advertising your services despite any season:
- Your potential customers’ searches and traffic can be valuable as they can help improve the ranking of your content or business website
- You will get ahead of your competitors as your business name can go straight to the top of the search engine results pages (SERPs)
- It can increase your brand awareness and conversion rate over time
- You can, later on, use those leads for retargeting your audience
Tip #2: Advertise your partner manufacturers
Partnering with major manufacturers can work to your advantage. This can leverage your HVAC digital marketing campaigns without spending more money and exposing yourself to more risk. When you advertise with big manufacturers, you can ensure the success of your campaign as they already have a solid and active audience that you can reach as well.
There are many simple ways you can advertise your partner manufacturers, including putting their logo, specific product photos, and branding in your campaign materials, business website, and social media ads. This ad collaboration is called co-op advertising.
Some advantage of promoting your partner manufacturers via co-op advertising are:
- Manufacturers can cover or reimburse marketing costs depending on your agreement
- Manufacturers routinely provide built-in seasonal promotions, which can be an advantage to you as you can save time, energy, and resources in developing your own promos or campaigns
- Manufacturers can offer discounts, which can save you even more money
Tip #3: Adapt to changing markets and marketing strategies
The HVAC industry is one of the industries that has a flexible and broad set of consumers. It can cater to adult homeowners or even to younger generations. With that said, you should also be flexible with how you advertise your products and services. Keep in mind that the younger generation has a different culture than the older generation. Therefore, your messaging and approach should vary for each audience.
One way you can do this is to perform target marketing. This marketing technique hones in on specific audiences either by their age, gender, location, interest, or recent searches. There are many ways you can integrate target marketing into your standard HVAC digital marketing, including:
- By launching HVAC PPC (pay-per-click) campaigns with relevant and ranking keywords
- By focusing on HVAC SEO (search engine optimization) to target specific interests
- By designing websites for HVAC businesses that include the specific functionalities (eg. online quoting and booking) that customers need
HVAC digital marketing is no different than other marketing strategies in various industries. For it to be successful, it would need to follow certain marketing standard practices and techniques. To leverage your marketing efforts as an HVAC business, you should advertise your business despite any season. You should also partner with big manufacturers and adapt to changes to successfully reach your audience.
If you are looking for a reliable agency that can formulate and manage HVAC digital marketing strategies for your business in the USA, contact us today. We help HVAC businesses establish their online presence through SEO, PPC, content, social media, and email marketing!